Nancy Black PVC Classic Corset
Happy Halloween! I think we all need a treat.
Outift one is made of deadstock PVC, inspired by PVC loving Nancy from The Craft. A true icon of my life. The corset is in our 'Classic Corset' style with a point to the hem. Please note that the eyelets in the image are silver but yours will be BRASS as they're more sturdy (silver upon request). Tied with satin ribbons made from recyled plastics.
These garments are made to order so please allow around 2-4 weeks for your item to arrive. If you are new to Made-to-order clothing, it is a far more sustainable way to make new clothes as it means I am not making surplus that could end up un-sold! Each item is made exactly for you to your measurements, so they're really special pieces to last a lifetime.
Size Waist (in inches) Chest (Widest part of chest) XS 22-24 28-30 S 26-28 32-34 M 30-32 36-38 L 34-36 40-42 XL 38-40 44-46 2XL 42-44 48-50 3XL 46-48 52-54 4XL 50-52 56-58
Model is 5"4 with Waist 24 and Bust 31, and generally wears a UK 6-8
Measure the smallest part of your waist and the widest part of your chest (across the nipples) tightly. If you wear a bra I would advise doing this without a bra as this is more likely how you'll wear it.
If you are on the cusp of a size (for instance 25" waist) I would advise sizing down if you want that classic 18th century wench look, the corset will still fit fine and will just have that traditional gap at the back with the lacing up. If you are worried or have a larger bust/waist for instance than what is listed, just add it to the order notes and I will adjust the size of your corset accordingly.
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainibly as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by Cat in the studio in Brighton.
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run!