White Dishevelled Ruffle Skirt
Welcome to Cat O'Brien SS22. This deadstock white cotton skirt with white cotton embroidery is a simplified version of something I worked on in my Pre-Collection at uni. The skirt shape is adapted from Victorian undergarments, and the dischevelled nature of the panels adds the Cat O'Brien twist. The skirt fastens with ties and is entirely made from the deadstock cotton.
Each item is made-to-order and manufactured by Cat in Brighton.
Please note that the lead time is currently 4 weeks.
Worn by Milli who is a UK size 8, 5"7, and is wearing a 24" waist skirt.
These skirts are made entirely to order and for each person individually.
All we need to know for the skirt to be made is your WAIST MEASUREMENT. And we'll do the rest!
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainibly as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by Cat in the studio in Brighton.
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run!