Theodore Corset Top
Welcome to Cat O'Brien SS22. This darling Theodore Corset is the only corset offering of the new collection. He has been illustrated by the wonderful Sally Mankee. The printing for the front is done to order, printed in the UK using eco-safe inks. The back of the corset is made with black duchess satin which is a deadstock fabric. The pink tassle is a vintage upholstery trimming.
Each item is made-to-order and manufactured by Cat in Brighton.
Please note that the lead time is currently 4 weeks.
The corset has been interfaced and then bonded to a deadstock black satin fabric to make it sturdy enough to cinch you in and is in the 'Corset Top' style. Laced up with black satin ribbons made from recycled bottles.
Worn by Naz who is a UK size 6, 5"4, and is wearing an XS corset
Size Waist (in inches) Chest (Widest part of chest) XS 22-24 28-30 S 26-28 32-34 M 30-32 36-38 L 34-36 40-42 XL 38-40 44-46 2XL 42-44 48-50 3XL 46-48 52-54 4XL 50-52 56-58
Model is 5"4 with Waist 24 and Bust 31, and generally wears a UK 6-8
Measure the smallest part of your waist and the widest part of your chest (across the nipples) tightly. If you wear a bra I would advise doing this without a bra as this is more likely how you'll wear it.
If you are on the cusp of a size (for instance 25" waist) I would advise sizing down if you want that classic 18th century wench look, the corset will still fit fine and will just have that traditional gap at the back with the lacing up. If you are worried or have a larger bust/waist for instance than what is listed, just add it to the order notes and I will adjust the size of your corset accordingly.
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainibly as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by Cat in the studio in Brighton.
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run!