Grey Toile de Jouy Corsets
ON SALE 02/05/2021 @ 8pm
As you will know if you've made it over here - these corsets are SUPER limited. There are 4 corsets available this time. Due to this fabric being deadstock (this particlar one was donated and is 100% cotton. It is offset with deadstock silk ivory.
There are a few motifs on the farbic, so what you get is likely to very from what is pictured, but all corsets will be sure to have an amazing motif in the centre of the front.
As usual, choose the style you prefer. (Classic corset is the pointed style featured, corset top is straight across the bottom) and your size - the size guide is below.
These corsets are made to order, please note that due to delivery times of materials getting to me during this time orders are taking up to four weeks to arrive, although I will of course endeavour to get it to you sooner.
Corsets will come with the appropriate white ribbon to lace them up with.
Size Waist (in inches)
Chest (the widest part of your chest
- in inches
XS 22-24 28-30 S 26-28 32-34 M 30-32 36-38 L 34-36 40-42 XL 38-40 44-46. XXL 42-44 48-50
Measure the smallest part of your waist and the widest part of your chest (across the nipples) tightly. If you wear a bra I would advise doing this without a bra as this is more likely how you'll wear it.
If you are on the cusp of a size (for instance 25" waist) I would advise sizing down if you want that classic 18th century wench look, the corset will still fit fine and will just have that traditional gap at the back with the lacing up. If you are worried or have a larger bust/waist for instance than what is listed, just add it to the order notes and I will adjust the size of your corset accordingly.
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainibly as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by me in my house!
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run.