Shipping is FREE for these in the UK, please select at checkout.
I wanted to keep these as affordable as possible. These are handmade face coverings. They are of course not medical grade but should help protect you to an extent and stop you touching your face. I understand it will now be mandatory to wear them on public transport & in shops in the UK so I am only listing one's that I have pre made so I can send them out ASAP.
They are all made from remnants from my projects from the previous month so there are limited options in each fabric and features may vary slightly from what is pictured. At the moment I’m using ribbon that you will tie around your ear yourselves to keep it in place so it should be adaptable to many head sizes.
Try and wash these between uses - handwash or on a short low temperature spin.
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainably as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by me in my house!
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run.