Black Silk Slip Dress
Welcome to Cat O'Brien SS22. This black duchess silk dress is made from deadstock fabric and features and side slit up one side.
Each item is made-to-order and manufactured by Cat in Brighton.
Please note that the lead time is currently 4-6 weeks.
Worn by Naz who wears the XS
Size Chest (inches) Waist (inches) Hip (inches) XS 30-32 24-26 30-32 S 34-36 28-30 34-36 M 38-40 32-34 38-40 L 44-46 38-40 44-46 XL 50-52 44-46 50-52 XXL 54-56 48-50 54-56
Keeping this brand as eco-friendly as possible is so important to what I am doing. Creating new beautiful clothes with waste fabrics is how I started but that is not all that goes into a garment. Here's some other things we do to run as sustainibly as possible:
- Deadstock and remnant fabrics for the outer and lining of the garments, these are either surplus materials from other brands, found materials from charity shops, eBay etc, or my personal remnants from other projects.
- Recycled plastic bottle ribbons to lace up the corsets
- Recycled polyester thread to sew the garments
- If any interfacing is used this is also made from recycled polyester.
- Postage bags: I reuse all bags that come into house! This may mean that what is delivered to you comes in a reused bag, but what is inside is all shiny and new. Any new postage bags that come in are cardboard and are therefore totally recycleable. The same goes for the tissue paper that the clothes are wrapped in, it is either reused from something I've ordered, or is made from recycled materials.
- Everything is sewn by Cat in the studio in Brighton.
Of course we are not perfect! I still buy new bias binding, eyelets (metal and therefore could me melted down to be reused one day) sometimes lining fabrics are new, etc. But we are doing the best we can, and I hope to keep the effects of this brand minimal on the environment in the long run!